The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim lock and handle set provides 24/7 access to your deadbolt with built-in WiFi from anywhere using your smart phone. Create and share up to 100 access codes with family, friends, and repairmen when paired with the Schlage Home apps. Using the Schlage Home app, you’ll manage your lock from anywhere, create and share access codes, and receive activity logs and notifications in one centralized location. Take convenience to subsequent level with voice commands to regulate your lock using Alexa or Google Assistant. This deadbolt is fingerprint-resistant so no evidence of your code are going to be left behind and therefore the capacitive touch screen enables easy one-touch locking by pressing the lock symbol. If the Encode is tampered with, you’ll know instantly with its built-in alarm technology. You’ll have many times to vary the batteries because the low battery indicator will notify you weeks beforehand for battery replacement. Installation couldn’t be easier, just arming yourself with a screwdriver and Schlage’s unique Snap n’ Stay technology will snap the deadbolt onto the door freeing your hands for installing.
Once finished, you’ll have a striking new keyless lock which will surely approach curb appeal for your home!
Why Schlage encode Lock safe?
Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt, Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt Schlage ConnectTM Smart Deadbolt with Alarm, and Schlage Touch™ Keyless Touch screen Deadbolt and Lever have all received a grade security, the best possible grade to keep your home or assets are safe.
How does Schlage encode work?
Schlage Encode works remotely. Schlage Encode has WiFi system, so it works on its own directly out of the box. Its sense and connect, which require a hub of some kind, Encode works on its own using the Schlage Home app. This is simpler to use and requires less hardware plugged into your router.
Can Schlage locks be hacked?
Not only can many smart locks be hacked, but they also are proven to have other vulnerabilities like the ability to be removed with a flathead screwdriver. Since smart locks often work with an existing deadbolt, this may mean they have the same level of security as traditional looks.
Will Schlage encode work without WiFi?
The Schlage Encode doesn’t even appear as a selection option for programming instructions. Encode is the only Schlage model that can connect to your WiFI network without the use of an external hub or WiFi adapter.
Does Schlage encode work with Smart Things?
Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt: These smart locks are built-in Wi-Fi connects on to the Brilliant Control. Once connected to Smart Things, you’ll add these locks are Brilliant Control through Brilliant’s Smart Things integration.
Does Schlage encode have Z Wave?
The Schlage Encode, as I have already mentioned, you join your Wi-Fi network directly, so there’s no bridge required. But the Ring Alarm will only work with Z-Wave deadbolts, like Schlage’s own Schlage Connect. … The Schlage Encode’s touch screen features a pebbly surface that resists telltale fingerprints.
About this item:
- Built-in WiFi system allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere, plus set up guest access codes for recurring, temporary or permanent access when paired with the Schlage Home app app, no additional accessories required.
- Create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family or gusts to use with the fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touch screen with easy one-touch locking. Optional voice control systems help you hands-free convenience when using voice-enabled.
- Built-in alarm system senses potential security breaches at the lock, while the low battery indicator warning for battery replacement.
- Easy to install by a screwdriver. Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation.
- If someone rings the doorbell, you will see a notification with the ability to talk to the person outside and unlock/lock the door from that screen.
- Create Scenes on your Brilliant that include your Schlage Lock
- You control your Schlage lock using the Mobile App.
- Certified Commercial Grade-1.
Schlage Lock Company
BE489WB CAM 716
2.24 x 3 x 5.47 inches
Item model number
BE489WB CAM 716
4 AA batteries required. (included)
Item Package Quantity
Batteries, Backup Key, Lockset, Quick Start Guide
Battery Cell Type
Limited lifetime mechanical /finish, 3 year electronics